Friday, September 6, 2013

Personal Space


When I was ten, my friends and I went outside at my house and had an a big, airsoft war. There was about ten of us who played. An airsoft gun is a plastic gun with a spring that shoots plastic bullets that are the size of popcorn kernels. We ran around our private property and the neighbors property. Each of us had at least one airsoft gun but some of us had two. I, of course, had two which were a spring assisted pistol and chargeable machine gun style airsoft gun. I am a pretty good shot because I have played airsoft since I was little. My brother and I have been playing since I was five or six.
When we took a break from playing, I went inside to get a drink and when I went inside I looked in my room and I saw glass everywhere across my room. I realized, in that moment, that one of us had shot the window. I started to clean up the glass so that I wouldn’t have to tell my mom. As I was almost done cleaning up the glass, I realized that I couldn’t explain the giant hole in my window.
I thought it would be better to go ahead and tell her so I wouldn’t make it worse. So I went upstairs into her loft. She was on her computer and I said to her “Mom, I am sorry. My window got broken by one of us playing with the airsoft gun.”  She wasn’t nearly as mad as I thought she would be. She didn’t even make us stop playing.
She came with me to my room to check out the damage and helped duck tape the window to seal it up.The next morning when I woke up I saw that I hadn’t taped up all the window. It had rained the night before and there was water all over my room. I ran outside and duct taped the window from the outside first so that it wouldn’t happen again.

1 comment: